Health: Cooper took a HUGE spill this week. He tumbled down the steps in the garage (there are just 2 of them). Thankfully he wasn’t hurt at all – but I know it scared him (and us!!!!). He didn’t seem to stay scared too long, because he went down the same steps a little while later. His rash is almost totally gone, so I can probably stop worrying that out kid was scared for life.
Sleeps: For the past 3 nights, he has been sleeping through the night!!!! So exciting!!! Of course that means he gets up a little earlier – 6 or 6:15 instead of 6:30-7:00, but that’s ok. We will work on that in the future. His naps are still great and he sleeps between 2-3 hours right after lunch. He loves his crib and loves playing in it before he goes to sleep. He has 2 blankets that he sleeps with (at our house – he has different things at my parent’s house and at day care) – and about 5 stuffed animals. Sometimes when I check on him at night, I see him sleeping while holding onto his favorite stuffed animal (his doggie) so tightly. It’s so sweet.
Eats: This week’s favorite is green beans dipped in ketchup. Um – ok. He is also doing great drinking his milk. He will even ask for it now, which is so surprising because he used to hate it!
Cooper had a popsicle this weekend. Actually 2. I was eating mine and he took it (we are working on sharing). Whenever he is eating something, he needs to have one of whatever it is in each hand.
It’s hard to tell the difference between the popsicle drips and the rash in this picture 🙂
Says: After putting together Cooper’s word list from last week, I realized there were so many words I missed! The ones I missed are in bold.
- ma – when he says it kind of yelling and the a dragged out like maaaaaaa he means “mom”
- ma – when he says it softer like a question, he means “nie ma” which is Polish for all gone or not there. He says this all the time.
- muh-muh-muh-muh (usually 4 times, maybe 3) – “milk”
- mo – “more”
- num-num – Cooper’s word for cookie
- da – kind of like with “mom,” when he says it kind of yelling it means “dad”
- da – “daj” or give in Polish
- dis – “this”
- ice – “ice” but he also uses it for water
- ite – “light”
- bup or up – “up”
- dow – “down”
- ba – “bottle”
- ba – “ball”
- buh-bows – “bubbles”
- ha – for “hot.” This is always accompanied by him lifting his hand over the hot thing to show he’s not touching it and/or blowing on it to cool it down.
- hi – “hi”
- eye – “eye” while poking your eye out
- uh-oh – for when he drops something
- Something that sounds like lawn mower (ma mo-ah) – “lawn mower”
- vac – “vacuum cleaner”
- gas – “gas” – I have no idea why he knows this one because it’s not like he frequently needs to use it, but he will point to where the gas goes in the car or lawn mower and say it.
- me – he says this a lot and we are trying to figure out what it means. Sometimes she says it in context that would mean “me,” but other times it doesn’t make sense.
- he doesn’t say no yet (thankfully) but he sure will let you know if he doesn’t want something.
Does: As soon as Cooper wants to leave somewhere, or wants you to leave, he will start waving bye-bye. He does it when I pick him up at the end of the day. It’s his way of telling me that he wants to go home.
Cooper likes to sit at his little table and have snacks or draw on his Etch-a-sketch.
He is also starting to play with blocks more than just destroying whatever Kirk and I build for him.
Likes and Dislikes: Cooper has really been into fire trucks lately. He has one in his room that he asks for when he wakes up.
He loves wrestling with us, and loves being tickled.
He loves being thrown in the air and is so sad when we have to stop because are arms are killing us.
Social and Activity: On Saturday morning we attended a friend’s baseball game, and then went to a neighborhood event.
Weekly Random Moments: Our area has so many garage sales on Friday and Saturday mornings. Most Friday mornings, I stop at a few on my way to work to see what cheap toys I can pick up for Cooper. This week I scored huge! I got him so many great things, including these balls for his pool. He loved playing with them – and spent a good 20 minutes with them on Sunday afternoon.